Information for Conference Speakers
Thank you for your participation as a panelist in the 2018 conference. You will be asked to participate in pre-Forum conference call(s) with fellow presenters, workshop moderators and your staff workshop manager. The exact format of the workshop will be discussed during this call(s).
Forum staff will provide a laptop, LCD projector, and projection screen for each session. If you plan to distribute handouts at your presentation, please bring at least 75 copies. You can also upload these materials to the National Forum website (see below) for attendees to print at their convenience.
A staff person will manage each workshop and will be responsible for ensuring that the session begins and ends on time, hand out and collect session evaluations, and troubleshoot any issues with audio or video equipment. Your session will also have a moderator who will offer opening remarks, provide speaker introductions, and moderate the discussion as well as the question and answer portion of your session.
Registration for the 2018 National Forum will open in the Spring. All conference attendees and speakers must register for the Forum. Non-member speakers attending only the day of their session do not pay a registration fee.
Register for the Conference
Conference registration opens in the Spring of 2018 (see rates below). All speakers MUST register for the National Forum. Registration may be completed online or by mailing or faxing the registration form (see instructions below).
Speakers who are members of the National Criminal Justice Association or IJIS Institute qualify for the MEMBER rate.
Non-members attending only the day of their presentation do not pay a registration fee.
Please complete the registration process as soon as possible. Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation email that will include your login information for the National Forum website. You must be logged in to the website to upload your bio and presentation materials, and to post to the discussion forums.
Speaker Registration Fees
- NCJA and IJIS Members: TBA*
- Non-members: TBA
- Non-members attending ONLY the day of their presentation do not pay a fee.
*Member Rate Discount Codes
Members of the National Criminal Justice Association and IJIS Institute qualify for the member rate. Discounted member rates are automatically applied for NCJA members. IJIS members use the discount code NATIONAL FORUM-IJIS.
Registering for the Conference
Registration may be completed online or by mailing or faxing the registration form.
Register online and select Speaker Full Conference Registration. Non-members attending only the day of their presentation should select the Non Member Speaker - Day of Presentation Only option.
Payment can be made by credit card or the Mail My Check option. If opting to pay by the Mail My Check (bill me later) option, your invoice will automatically appear in the My Transactions section of your account. You will have the option to print the invoice there. Invoices may be paid by credit card, check, or purchase order.
Mail or Fax Registration Form
Mail or fax the registration form. Payment can be made credit card, check, or purchase order.
Registration is confirmed upon receipt of Payment. Individuals paying for registration after July 7, 2018 will be accommodated at Forum lunches on a space available basis.
All cancellations must be received by the NCJA in writing and be acknowledge with a cancellation confirmation email. Send notice of cancellation to Bethany Broida, NCJA Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds are based on date of cancellation:
- Prior to June 16: full amount refunded.
- June 16 - July 7: $100 cancellation fee.
- By July 8 or does not attend the Forum: refund not given.
Upload Your Bio and Presentation Materials to the Forum Website
We encourage Forum presenters to upload their bio and any presentation materials to the Bios and Presentations Library in advance of the Forum. Instructions can be found below.
Please note: only registered attendees may upload files to the speaker library. Your registration confirmation will also contain your username and password for the website.
Log in to the Website
You must be logged in to the website to upload files to the library or contribute to the discussion forum. To do so:
- Click he Attendee Sign In button at the top right of the website.
- You will temporarily be redirected to the NCJA's Connect2Justice website login screen.
- Enter the username and password found in your 2018 Forum registration confirmation email.
- You will be redirected back to the National Forum website.
Upload Your Files
- Click the Bios & Presentations tab in the website navigation menu above.
- Click the green Create a Library Entry button to upload new files.
- Enter a TITLE and brief DESCRIPTION. Be sure to include your first and last name in the title or description!
- Select the ENTRY TYPE. If uploading a standard document, such as a Microsoft Word or PDF file, or are uploading a PowerPoint presentation, select STANDARD FILE UPLOAD. If linking to online content, selected HYPERLINK. You may upload multiple files of the same file type to a single library entry.
- Click NEXT.
- Complete the fields as directed.
- Click FINISH to publish your entry to the Bio & Presentations Library.
Edit or Delete Your Library Entry
Locate your entry in the Speaker Library and click on the title of the entry to open it. Click the blue ACTIONS button and select "Edit" or "Delete." Follow the instructions as prompted.
For technical assistance, please contact Janene Scelza, NCJA Web Manager, at email@example.com.