Presenting at the National Forum
Thank you for your participation as a panelist in the 2018 conference!
Preparing for Your Workshop
In preparation for your session, you will be asked to participate in pre-Forum conference call(s) with fellow presenters, workshop moderators and your staff workshop manager. The exact format of the workshop will be discussed during this call(s).
A staff person will manage each workshop and will be responsible for ensuring that the session begins and ends on time, hand out and collect session evaluations, and troubleshoot any issues with audio or video equipment. Your session will also have a moderator who will offer opening remarks, provide speaker introductions, and moderate the discussion as well as the question and answer portion of your session.
Workshops come equipped with a laptop, LCD projector, and projection screen for speaker use.
If you plan to distribute handouts at your presentation, please bring at least 75 copies. You can also upload these materials to the National Forum website (see below) for attendees to print at their convenience.
Registering for the Conference
Registration for the 2018 National Forum will open in the Spring. Registration may be completed online or by mailing or faxing the registration form (see instructions below).
All conference attendees and speakers must register for the Forum. Speakers who are members of the National Criminal Justice Association or IJIS Institute qualify for the MEMBER rate. Non-members attending only the day of their presentation do not pay a registration fee.
Please complete the registration process as soon as possible. Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation email that will include your login information for the National Forum website. You must be logged in to the website to upload your bio and presentation materials, and to post to the discussion forums.
Speaker Registration Fees
NCJA and IJIS Members and Member Agencies
Early Bird Rate (on or before May 25): $475
Regular Rate (after May 25): $525
Members include employees of NCJA member agencies, and IJIS Institute members.
Nonmembers & Nonmember Agencies
Early Bird Rate (on or before May 25): $525
Regular Rate (after May 25): $575
Nonmember speakers attending only the day of their session do not pay a registration fee.
How to Register for the Conference
Registration may be completed online, or by mailing or faxing the 2018 National Forum Registration Form. Instructions will be posted when Registration opens in the Spring.
All cancellations must be received by the NCJA in writing and be acknowledge with a cancellation confirmation email. Send notice of cancellation to: Donta Gonzalez at email@example.com.
Refunds are based on date of cancellation:
- On or before June 8: full refund.
- June 9 - July 1: $100 cancellation fee.
- After July 1 or does not attend the Forum: no refund given.
Upload Your Bio and Presentation Materials to the Forum Website
We encourage Forum presenters to upload their bio and any presentation materials to the Bios and Presentations Library in advance of the Forum. Instructions can be found below.
Please note: only registered attendees may upload files to the speaker library. Your registration confirmation will also contain your username and password for the website.
Log in to the Website
You must be logged in to the website to upload files to the library or contribute to the discussion forum. To do so:
- Log in to the website by clicking the Attendee Sign In button at the top right of the site.
- You will temporarily be redirected to the NCJA's Connect2Justice website login screen.
- Enter the username and password found in your 2018 Forum registration confirmation email.
- You will be redirected back to the National Forum website.
Upload Your Files
- Click the Bios & Presentations tab in the website navigation menu above.
- Click the green Create a Library Entry button to upload new files.
- Enter a TITLE and brief DESCRIPTION. Be sure to include your first and last name in the title or description!
- Select the ENTRY TYPE. If uploading a standard document, such as a Microsoft Word or PDF file, or are uploading a PowerPoint presentation, select STANDARD FILE UPLOAD. If linking to online content, selected HYPERLINK. You may upload multiple files of the same file type to a single library entry.
- Click NEXT.
- Complete the fields as directed.
- Click FINISH to publish your entry to the Bio & Presentations Library.
Edit or Delete Your Library Entry
Locate your entry in the Speaker Library and click on the title of the entry to open it. Click the blue ACTIONS button and select "Edit" or "Delete." Follow the instructions as prompted.
Please contact Janene Scelza, NCJA Web Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.